Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Black Buddha and More

Happy Lunar New Year! (A bit late, but still worth saying since festivities last all week long.)
2009 - Year of the Ox.

I'm going to miss the Big Chinese New Year Parade on Sunday, February 1st, 2009.
I missed it last year too. I guess that's just the way things work out.
But that's okay. I didn't miss the big Lunar New Year's Eve family dinner and New Year's Day dinner. I also didn't forgo the superstitious traditions of not washing your hair on New Year's Day. Hoorah!
On Sunday, I finally got to try out my brand spanking new SB-600 light (courtesy of AXH).
And I found out that I still have a lot of learning to do about composition and how to make the light work for me. It was bright here, not so much there, and not at all a few times.
I'll keep practicing in San Fran next week. Can't wait!
And here's black Buddha! (and more...from Sunday night's festivities.)

No comments: